Arabic accents are increasingly called for in film, theatre, and television. Learning the accent right before the audition is not ideal (to say the least!) This workshop will give you everything you need to master this accent.
Arabic has a number of different dialects (most are different languages, really). This workshop will focus on Egyptian Arabic, the most widely spoken and understood variety, though material describing aspects of some other Arabic varieties will be included as well. The accent described can serve as an effective base to model other Arabic accents on.
- Learn the sound system of Egyptian Arabic
- Learn some Arabic phrases and native-like pronunciation
- Learn the characteristic oral posture of Egyptian Arabic—the key to the accent!
- Learn the basics of Egyptian Arabic pronunciation of English
- Learn some cultural context to help enliven your imagination and bring your whole self to your accent
- Leave with extensive audio and written materials to help you continue your progress after the workshop, including a pdf containing a detailed description of the most important features along with audio clips embedded right in the document
There are no reviews yet.