- This event has passed.
EXPERIENCING SPEECH #14
June 29, 2014 - July 5, 2014
June 29 -July 5, 2014 :: New York
A Six-Day Workshop in the Skills of Articulation
With Philip Thompson, Andrea Caban, & Erik Singer
The workshop will be taught by Philip Thompson, Co-Founder and Director of Knight-Thompson Speechwork along with Associate Teachers of KTS, Andrea Caban and Erik Singer.
- Awareness and practice of precise articulation action.
- Producing all the sounds in language-“Omnish.”
- The Skills of Speech for American speakers.
No phonetic transcription will be used in this session of the workshop.
We will take a day off Sunday, July 2.
This is a chance to rest and process information or to attend cultural events in the Bay Area.
Three days, July 3 – 5
- The application of detailed IPA phonetic transcription to the process of speech and accent research.
- Using the entire IPA to research and teach speech.
Each day will commence with a vocal warm-up based on Fitzmaurice Voicework.
In order to plan effectively for these workshops, it’s important to have a clear sense of the commitment of potential participants. For that reason we ask for a deposit of $200 to secure your place in the workshop. This is due by May 19th. The full payment is due June 13th. If your plans change, and you are unable to attend, we will refund any payment less $75 if you inform us before June 20th. After that date, however, no refunds are possible. Please plan accordingly. You will receive your receipt at the workshop.